STEM INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Internship Program offers candidates an opportunity to gain professional work experience within these specialised fields.
This program is designed for students and recent graduates, who want to further develop their skills and knowledge in professional working.
All STEM internships are non-paid training positions and are available in all major cities of Australia (flexibility with location is required). The STEM Internship Program is open to international candidates as well Australian Citizen and Permanent Residents.
Australian Internships ensures that candidates receive training compatible with their educational background.
Internship lengths vary depending on candidates and their objectives or academic requirements. The minimum length is 12 weeks and maximum length is 26 weeks (24 weeks if visa sponsorship is required).
To view currently available vacancies please visit our Vacancy Explorer.
In order to be eligible for the STEM Internship Program candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Aged 18-30
- The internship field requested is directly related to your educational background
- Currently enrolled in a tertiary course (bachelor degree or above), OR
- A recent graduate within 12 months (at the time of visa submission) of course completion (bachelor degree or above)
- Upper intermediate – advanced English language skills (equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
* If you hold an Australian Visa with full work rights or are applying for an Australian Visa with full work rights, we offer flexibility in regards to eligibility criteria. Please contact us to confirm whether you meet the program criteria.
START DATES and LEAD time
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates (allow for 3-4 month lead time)
- 4 months lead time for 408 Temporary Activity Visa candidates
- 3 months lead time for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)
This can be flexible if you are applying for an existing vacancy. To view currently available internship positions please go to Current Vacancies.
Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and find out whether you are eligible for the program. Eligible candidates will be sent an application form.
Application & Processing:
Complete and return the application form along with the supporting documentation and the AU$1,000 application fee. You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
Confirmation & Payment
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
Visa & Travel Arrangements
Australian Internships to negotiate with The Department of Immigration regarding visa processing for you which will take between 4-6 weeks. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with Australian Internships your arrival details.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia. Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
You will have a contact at Australian Internships that will help you through every step of this process.
* Additional programs are available. Please contact our friendly staff to receive more information about how we can customize a program just for you!