Hospitality Internship Program
The Hospitality Program is a paid internship program offered to highly skilled candidates that are completing or have completed hospitality studies and have relevant hospitality experience. There are 6, 9 & 12 months options. Positions are available in Food and Beverage, Front Office and Cookery.
Advantages of completing a Hospitality Internship in Australia through Australian Internships include:
- Internationalize your resume
- Gain valuable experience in your academic field
- Obtain credit for your existing studies
- Develop workplace English skills
- Form alliances with international companies
- Gain recognition within your profession
- Improve your career options
- Develop an appreciation of the Australian work ethic and labour procedures
Valuable Information on Hospitality Program:
- Internship applications must be lodged a minimum of six (6) months prior to internship commencement or arrival in Australia and 5 months prior for candidates with a suitable working visa.
- All candidates must complete a telephone interview before being accepted into the internship program.
- Candidates must be willing to complete their internship in a hotel, resort or restaurant in any of the major tourist centres throughout Australia.
- The first week in the workplace for all interns will be focused on training and induction.
- Interns will be required to cover the cost of their travel and accommodation.
Special Offer for Working Holiday Makers* – AU$500 discount on our Program fees
*Please note that this Special Offer is only available for 417 Working Holiday Visa holders and U.S. citizen on a 462 Work & Holiday Visa. For our full price list please contact us.
Application Fee is non-refundable.
Internship Payment for Hospitality Candidates:
Internships are arranged on a full time basis with interns completing a minimum of 30 hours per week. The average hourly rate for interns is AU$16-$20. This wage may vary depending on the Host Organisation and internship hours.
Non-residents of Australia may be able to lodge an Australian Tax return, before they leave the country. Australian Internships has joined forces with the global tax refund leader Taxback.com to help candidates get their Australian tax back hassle-free. Taxback.com is simple to use, all you have to do is register online with Taxback.com and the friendly staff will get in touch with you.
You may be able to get back part of the money you have invested in our programs in the form of a tax reimbursement. The average income tax refund that Taxback.com customers get is AU$2,600!
In order to be eligible for the Hospitality Internship Program candidates must meet the following requirements
- Age: between 18 – 30
- Students: Enrolled in a full time Hospitality or Culinary management tertiary course (minimum Diploma level), or
- Graduates: A recent graduate (of a full time Hospitality or Culinary management tertiary course) within 18 months of graduation
- Minimum Work/Study Requirement: Minimum 12 months full time work and/or study related to the nominated internship department obtained in the past 18 months
- English: Upper intermediate – advanced English language skills
- Work Experience: Minimum 6 months full time (or 12 months part time) in the selected internship department
- Internship Field: Studies and experience must be related to the nominated internship department
- Preference: Currently working in the selected internship department
- Flexible: Willing to work in any Australian city, including rural and remote locations
*After initial assessment, Australian Internship will confirm on an individual basis which visa is more suitable.
- Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates (see below for lead times).
- 6-8 months for Training and Research 402 candidates (Occupational Trainee stream)
- 4 months for Special Program Visa 416 candidates
- 3-5 months for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA):
All interns who opt for the Hospitality Internship Program must present a copy of their Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate or complete the online RSA course, prior to commencing their internship in Australia. For additional information on the RSA please refer to the “Services” section of the website.
Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and find out whether you are eligible for the program.
Eligible candidates will be requested to complete and return the application form along with the supporting documents.
Application & Processing:
You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
Confirmation & Payment:
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed.
Any outstanding fees to be paid.
Visa & Travel Arrangements:
Australian Internships to negotiate with The Department of Immigration regarding visa processing for you which will take between 6-16 weeks. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with Australian Internships your arrival details.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia.
Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
Please note that we require 4-8 months to negotiate your internship and to process your 416 or 402 Visa.
*Additional programs are available. Please contact our friendly staff to receive more information about how we can customize a program just for you!
› REGISTER NOW