AGED & DISABILITY CARE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Aged & Disability Care Internship Program offers candidates an opportunity to gain professional work experience and improve career opportunities in Aged & Disability Care and Nursing in the Australian Aged Care Industry. An internship is a great way to gain exposure into the professional work environment and develop professional workplace skills. All placements offer a monthly allowance and are available in both cities and regional areas of Australia.
ABOUT THE AGED & disability CARE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
- Stipend training positions available within the Aged & Disability Care sector throughout Australia
- Aged Care Assistant, Nursing Assistant and Personal Care Attendant roles
- Duration: 6 months
- Candidates must be flexible to travel to any Australian location
- Apply up to 3 – 4 months in advance, pending available vacancies and visas
Internship payment for Aged & disability Care candidates:
Internships are arranged on a full time basis with interns completing a minimum of 30 hours per week. The monthly allowance paid for interns vary from A$1,000 to A$2,000. This allowance may vary depending on the Host Organisation and internship hours, as well as role (Aged Care Assistant, Nursing Assistant and Personal Care Attendant roles).
ADVANTAGES OF COMPLETING AN AGED & disability CARE INTERNSHIP IN AUSTRALIA:
- Internationalize your resume
- Gain valuable hands-on experience in your academic field
- Obtain credit for your existing studies
- Develop workplace English skills
- Form alliances with local and international companies
- Gain recognition within your profession
- Improve your career options
- Develop an appreciation of the Australian work ethic, labour procedures and health care procedures
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS*
In order to be eligible for the Aged & Disability Care Internship Program you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 -30 years old
- Have minimum 2 years tertiary education in Aged & Disability Care or Nursing (bachelor degree or above)
- Be currently enrolled in a tertiary course (bachelor degree or above), OR
- Be a recent graduate within 12 months (at the time of visa submission) of course completion (bachelor degree or above)
- Upper-Intermediate to Advanced level of English (equivalent to IELTS 6.0)
- Have the following up to date Immunizations: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Influenza, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (German measles), Chickenpox (Varicella)
- Desirable: First aid and CPR skills; current drivers license and professional experience in Aged Care or Nursing
* If you hold an Australian Visa with full work rights or are applying for an Australian Visa with full work rights, we offer flexibility in regards to eligibility criteria. Please contact us to confirm whether you meet the program criteria.
The Aged & Disability Care Internship Program requires that candidates remain flexible with their internship location. Positions are in cities and remote locations around Australia.
Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and find out whether you are eligible for the program. Eligible candidates will be sent an application form.
Application & Processing:
Complete and return the application form along with the supporting documentation and the AU$500 application fee. You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
Confirmation & Payment
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
Visa & Travel Arrangements
Australian Internships to negotiate with The Department of Immigration regarding visa processing for you which will take between 4-6 weeks. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with Australian Internships your arrival details.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia. Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
You will have a contact at Australian Internships that will help you through every step of this process.
START DATES and lead time
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates, provided they allow the following lead times:
4 months for Candidates requiring the 408 Temporary Activity Visa
3 months for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)