AGED & DISABILITY CARE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Aged & Disability Care Internship Program offers candidates an opportunity to gain professional work experience and improve career opportunities in Aged & Disability Care and Nursing in the Australian Aged Care Industry. An internship is a great way to gain exposure into the professional work environment and develop professional workplace skills. All placements are paid training positions and they are available in both cities and regional areas of Australia.
ADVANTAGES OF COMPLETING AN AGED & disability CARE INTERNSHIP IN AUSTRALIA:
- Internationalize your resume
- Gain valuable hands-on experience in your academic field
- Obtain credit for your existing studies
- Develop workplace English skills
- Form alliances with local and international companies
- Gain recognition within your profession
- Improve your career options
- Develop an appreciation of the Australian work ethic, labour procedures and health care procedures
ABOUT THE AGED & disability CARE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
- Paid training positions available within the Aged & Disability Care sector throughout Australia
- Aged Care Assistant, Nursing Assistant and Personal Care Attendant roles
- Duration of 6, 9 or 12 months
- Candidates must be flexible to travel to any Australian location
- Apply up to 3 – 4 months in advance, pending available vacancies and visas
Internship payment for Aged & disability Care candidates:
Internships are arranged on a full time basis with interns completing a minimum of 30 hours per week. The average hourly rate for interns is AU$16-$20. This wage may vary depending on the Host Organisation and internship hours, as well as role (Aged Care Assistant, Nursing Assistant and Personal Care Attendant roles).
Non-residents of Australia may be able to lodge an Australian Tax return, before they leave the country. Australian Internships has joined forces with the global tax refund leader Taxback.com to help candidates get their Australian tax back hassle-free. Taxback.com is simple to use, all you have to do is register online with Taxback.com and the friendly staff will get in touch with you.
You may be able to get back part of the money you have invested in our programs in the form of a tax reimbursement. The average income tax refund that Taxback.com customers get is AU$2,600!
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible for the Aged & Disability Care Internship Program you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 -30 years old
- Minimum 2 years tertiary education or Diploma Level studies in Aged Care or Nursing
- Be currently enrolled in a tertiary course, or
- Be a recent graduate within 24 months (20 months at time of application is recommended)
- Upper-Intermediate to Advanced level of English (equivalent to IELTS 6.0)
- Have a current police clearance
- Have the following up to date Immunizations: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Influenza, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (German measles), Chickenpox (Varicella)
- Desirable: First aid and CPR skills; current drivers license and professional experience in Aged Care or Nursing
The Aged Care Internship Program requires that candidates remain flexible with their internship location. Positions are in cities and remote locations around Australia.
Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and find out whether you are eligible for the program. Eligible candidates will be sent an application form.
Application & Processing:
Complete and return the application form along with the supporting documentation and the AU$500 application fee.
You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
Confirmation & Payment
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
Visa & Travel Arrangements
Australian Internships to negotiate with The Department of Immigration regarding visa processing for you which will take between 4-6 weeks. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with Australian Internships your arrival details.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia.
Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
You will have a contact at Australian Internships that will help you through every step of this process.
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates, provided they allow the following lead times:
4 months for Candidates requiring the 408 Temporary Activity Visa
3 months for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)