Professional Internship Program (PIP)
The Professional Internship Program offers candidates an opportunity to gain professional work experience and improve career opportunities in almost all academic fields and a wide range of industries.*
It is aimed at candidates seeking work experience / internship positions in Australia. An internship is a great way to gain exposure into the professional work environment and develop professional workplace skills.
• Tailored training related to your skills and academic background
• 6 – 26 weeks, full time, non paid training positions
• Access to over 7,000 companies Australia wide
• Start every Monday (pending lead time)
• 408 Temporary Visa Sponsorship – pending eligibility
• Flexibility with location is required in some fields
• Academic credit available if required
• Fields: most academic disciplines
* Certain fields may require extra lead time and/or additional requirements such as portfolios.
* Positions in the Health Industry for doctors, nurses, dentists etc are not available due to government restrictions.
* For all fields related to Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, please refer to our STEM Internship Program.
PART TIME INTERNSHIPS:
If you are not able to intern on full time basis but still would like to boost your career and give yourself a competitive advantage, this in an option for you. Part time professional internships are now available. You can study and intern at the same time!
Aimed at candidates already in Australia on a Student Visa. If you do hold another visa and wish to be completing a part time program, please contact us for further information.
This program is available in the following fields: Business Admin, Events, HR, Accounting and Marketing.
Candidates can work 20h per week (for 12 weeks minimum) on set days and/ or during set hours. Exact details will be determined at a time of placement negotiations. For more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY COMPLETE AN INTERNSHIP THROUGH AUSTRALIAN INTERNSHIPS?
Internationalize your resume
Gain valuable experience in your academic field
Obtain credit for your existing studies
Develop workplace English skills
Form alliances with international companies
Gain recognition within your profession
Improve your career options
Develop an appreciation of the Australian work ethic and labour procedures
- Aged 18-30
- The internship field requested is directly related to your educational background
- Currently enrolled in a tertiary course (bachelor degree or above), or
- A recent graduate within 12 months (at the time of visa submission) of course completion (bachelor degree or above)
- Upper intermediate – advanced English language skills (equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
* If you hold an Australian Visa with full work rights or are applying for an Australian Visa with full work rights, we offer flexibility in regards to eligibility criteria. Please contact us to confirm whether you meet the program criteria.
START DATES and lead time
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates (allow for 3-4 month lead time)
- 4 months lead time for 408 Temporary Activity Visa candidates
- 3 months lead time for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)
This can be flexible if you are applying for an existing vacancy. To view currently available internship positions please go to Current Vacancies.
Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and submit initial documentation to find out whether you are eligible for the program.
Application & Processing:
Eligible candidates will be requested to complete and return the application form along with the supporting documents and application fee. You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
Confirmation & Payment
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
Visa & Travel Arrangements
Australian Internships to negotiate with The Department of Home Affairs regarding visa processing for you. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with Australian Internships your arrival details.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia. Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
*Additional programs are available. Please contact our friendly staff to receive more information about how we can customize a program just for you!