Professional Internship Program
The Professional Internship Program offers candidates an opportunity to gain professional work experience and improve career opportunities in almost all academic fields and a wide range of industries. It is aimed at candidates seeking work experience / internship positions in Australia. An internship is a great way to gain exposure into the professional work environment and develop professional workplace skills. All placements are non-paid training positions and they are available in all major cities of Australia. The Professional Internship Program will give candidates entry to Australia’s leading organisations.
Australian Internships is the market leader at providing work experience opportunities to young professionals from across the globe. The program is also open to Australian citizens and Permanent Residents. For 15 years Australian Internships have been the experts at providing internships in Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne,Perth and Australia wide.
Australian Internships ensures that candidates receive training compatible with their educational background.
Internship lengths vary depending on candidates and their objectives or academic requirements. The minimum length is 6 weeks and maximum length is 26 weeks.
To view currently available vacancies please visit our Vacancy Explorer.
Candidates can choose from any of the following fields or specify and we will match their request with a suitable Host Organisation:
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Events Management
- IT, Computing & Design
- Agriculture, Farming & Conservation
- Architecture & Design
- Arts (Creative & Social)
- Beauty & Cosmetics
- Communications & Public Relations
- Education & Training
- Environment & Sustainability
- Graphic Design
- Import, Export & Trade
- Journalism*Law & Legal Services
- Logistics & Transport
- Media & Advertising
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Planning & Design
- Politics & Government*
- Social Work
- Sport & Leisure
- Travel & Tourism
- Veterinary Science
- Plus many more…
Note: Positions in the Health Industry for doctors, nurses, dentists etc. are not available due to government restrictions.*Certain fields may require extra lead time and/or additional requirements such as portfolios.
Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and find out whether you are eligible for the program. Eligible candidates will be sent an application form.
Application & Processing:
Complete and return the application form along with the supporting documentation and the AU$500 application fee.
You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
Confirmation & Payment
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
Visa & Travel Arrangements
Australian Internships to negotiate with The Department of Immigration regarding visa processing for you which will take between 4-6 weeks. Or, you can make alternative arrangements (e.g. Working Holiday Visa). You are to confirm with Australian Internships your arrival details.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia.
Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
You will have a contact at Australian Internships that will help you through every step of this process.
* Additional programs are available. Please contact our friendly staff to receive more information about how we can customize a program just for you!
ADVANTAGES OF COMPLETING AN INTERNSHIP IN AUSTRALIA THROUGH AUSTRALIAN INTERNSHIPS INCLUDE:
- Resume internationalisation
- Obtain credit for existing studies
- Develop workplace English skills
- Form alliances with international companies
- Gain recognition within chosen profession
- Improve career opportunities
- Develop an appreciation of the Australian work ethic and labour procedures
Please contact us for current specials and promotions.
In order to be eligible for the Professional Internship Program candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Aged 18-30
- The internship field requested is directly related to your educational background
- Currently enrolled in a tertiary course, or
- A recent graduate within 24 months of course completion
- Upper intermediate – advanced English language skills
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates (allow for 3-4 month lead time)
- 4 months for 416 Special Program Visa candidates
- 3 months for candidates with proof of suitable working visas (e.g. Working Holiday Visa)
This can be flexible if you are applying for an existing vacancy. To view currently available internship positions please go to Current Vacancies
› REGISTER NOW