In Australia it is very common to have BBQs on most weekends and holidays in summer - it is a way to spend time with friends or family, and enjoy great food!
If you want to try your hand at cooking an aussie BBQ you can simply cook the basics such as sausages (snags), burger patties (rissoles) and stick kebabs... or you can cook to impress with our favourite BBQ prawn recipe below!
BBQ Garlic Prawns Recipe
"Throw another prawn on the barbie!" This quick garlic prawn recipe is perfect for the BBQ in summer.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
600 grams of uncooked prawns
6 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Juice & zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of sea salt
2 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
rovingI - CC BY 2.0
- Finely chop the garlic and place in a large bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, zest and salt
- Peel and de-vein the prawns leaving the tail attached, before placing in the garlic marinade
- Heat the flat grill of BBQ to medium-high heat
- Using tongs, place prawns on BBQ and drizzle with the marinade
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until the colour changes to orange
- Remove the prawns from the BBQ to a serving plate and sprinkle with parsley
Now go out, impress your friends and enjoy the summer!
Published on by AI.