Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
The Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) is a program requirement for all interns completing the hospitality internship program in the Food and Beverage Department and must be done before the internship starts.
This program gives you the knowledge and skills to provide responsible service of alcohol. It is important for all interns working in licensed establishments in Australia to know their responsibilities and obligations for serving alcohol.
The RSA course can be completed online. Online training gives you access to all reading and examination material at times suited to your needs. The program offers continual support from online mentors.
- Identifying customers to whom service may be refused
- Preparing and servicing alcoholic beverages responsibly
- Serving alcohol within appropriate limits
- Assisting alcohol affected customers
Benefits to you:
- A cost effective training method
- Improve customer service techniques
- Online study – flexible and convenient study format
- Provides up-to-date industry standards
- The cost for the course is AUD $110 (Online course is available for Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia and South Australia . For New South Wales, Tasmania and Victoria, RSA has to be conducted on site).