Professional Year Program (PYP)
The Professional Year Program (PYP) offers former international students, who have graduated from a university in Australia, an introduction to their respective occupation and relevant practical training. Australian Internships provides the practical component of the Professional Year Program (PYP) and has been approved by the accrediting bodies authorised by the Department of Immigration and Boarder Protection (DIBP).
Benefits of the Program
- Enhance professional skills and expand employment opportunities
- Learn the fundamental of Australian work practices, business communications and the professional code of conduct and ethics
- The successful completion of the PYP allows participants to get an additional 5 points towardsPermanent Residency in Australia under the general skilled migration scheme.
The PYP caters for students in Accounting by providing them with a minimum 44 week program. This program aims at enhancing the participants’ professional skills and expanding their employment opportunities.
- Theoretical Component: Involves workshops and seminars provided by the accredited education providers (listed below).
- Practical Component: A subsequent hands-on unpaid internship with a host company provided by Australian Internships.
Boot camps will be held at the opening and closing days of the program. This will provide participants with the opportunity to network with industry representatives.
- International graduates aged between 18 to 45 who have obtained an Australian qualification as a result of at least two years of study in Australia in the Accounting field.
- Applicants must hold a Skilled Graduate Visa 485 or be waiting to have their 485 visa approved. For further information on the Skilled Graduate Visa visit http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/485-
- Current Resume and Cover Letter (in Word)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency (e.g. IELTS – 6.00)
- Colour copy of the passport
- Copy of your 485 Skilled Graduate Visa
- Colour passport photograph (in hard form or as a jpeg)
To apply, please submit these documents to one of our Education providers:
- University of Queensland: Institute of Continuing and TESOL Education, The University of Queensland ICTE-UQ
For details on the program fees and terms and conditions please refer to the above education providers.
- Apply for a 485 Skilled Graduate Visa
- Apply for the PYP through a partner Education Provider (listed above)
- Complete application form and submit client requirements including payment to education provider
- Provide us an application video
- Receive Letter of Acceptance
- Pay the outstanding program fees
- Receive the Certificate of Enrolment
- Commence the Theoretical Component of the program
- Australian Internships arranges a suitable placement
- Commence the Practical Component of the progra. Australian Internships monitors progression throughout internship program
* Additional programs are available. Please contact our friendly staff to receive more information about how we can customise a program just for you!