Global Internship Program
AUSTRALIA LATIN AMERICAN BILATERAL INTERNSHIP PROJECT
Australian Internships has partnered with the Australia-Latin America Business Council (ALABC) and leading multinational companies to offer a Australian Latin American Bilateral Internship Project. The project offers students and graduates an opportunity to complete an internship program with the training divided into two locations between Australia and Latin America. Candidates are also offered the opportunity to enhance their language skills by adding an English or Spanish language course prior to program commencement.
• Duration: 12 – 26 weeks
• Remuneration: Non-Paid
• Location: Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay.
• Disciplines: Business, Engineering, Human Resources Management, Water & Chemical Distribution, Mining, Information Technology, Marketing, Project Management and more…
Project Models 1: Latin American students/graduates
1. Completion of an English language course in Chile (optional)
2. First half of internship program to be completed in Chile
3. Second half of internship program to be completed in Australia
Project Model 2 – Australian students/graduates
1. Completion of a Spanish language course in Australia (optional)
2. First half of internship program to be completed in Australia
3. Second half of internship program to be completed in Chile.
Upon completion of the internship programs students/graduates may be offered employment opportunities pending performance.
PACIFIC INTERNSHIP PROJECT
Australian Internships has partnered with the University of the South Pacific, and a number of companies in the private and public sector to offer structured non paid training for students and graduates. The program will offer a “buddy system” for candidates completing their internship in Fiji whereby students and graduates will be paired with Fijian USP students and attached to a local host organisation for the duration of their internship. The buddy system will see the paired interns being placed with a Fijian host organisation at the same time and would share tasks, knowledge and learnings. This would also provide an opportunity for cultural exchange, networking opportunities and much more.
• Duration: 6 – 26 weeks
• Remuneration: Non paid training
• Location: Fiji
• Disciplines: Business Administration, Construction, Education, Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Construction), Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, Mining and more…
Following a comprehensive interview process, you will be allocated to one of AI’s host companies. Selections are made in all cases based on best available fit between the host company and your skill-set or academic background. Globally AI work with over 7,000 organisations, among the host companies we offer access to:
• Newcrest Mining Limited
• Delta Group
• International SOS
• Sustainable Minerals Institute (SMI)
• And more…
* Specific companies cannot be guaranteed.
In order to be eligible for the Global Internship Program candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Aged 18-30
• The internship field requested is directly related to your educational background
• Currently enrolled in a tertiary course (bachelor degree or above), or
• A recent graduate within 12 months (at the time of visa submission) of course completion (bachelor degree or above)
• Upper intermediate – advanced English language skills (equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
• Upper intermediate – advanced Spanish language skills (Australia Latin American Bilateral Internship Project only)
Please contact us to confirm whether you meet the program criteria.
START DATES and lead time
Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates (allow for 3-4 month lead time)
Enquiry and Assessment:
Complete the online form and find out whether you are eligible for the program. Eligible candidates will be sent an application form.
Application & Processing:
Complete and return the application form along with the supporting documentation and the application fee.
You will then provide us an application video after which Australian Internships will negotiate your internship details.
Confirmation & Payment
Australian Internships will arrange an interview for you with the Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement. Any outstanding fees to be paid.
Visa & Travel Arrangements
AI to assist with visa support and guidance. Visa requirements vary pending the internship location.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will have an orientation when you arrive in Australia.
Once you begin your internship we will be asking for your continued feedback and continue to provide you with support.
You will have a contact at Australian Internships that will help you through every step of this process.
* Additional programs are available. Please contact our friendly staff to receive more information about how we can customize a program just for you!