Here we go….we are really looking forward to a very exciting year ahead! The first month of the year has just finished, we prepare to say goodbye to summer and welcome the autumn season that’s about to begin.
With so many changes on visas and the new programs that were launched in the past few months, we would like to invite you to contact your Marketing Representative and book an appointment in case you wish to clarify questions or arrange training about the new visa regulations and programs. Our team will be available on +61 07 3305 8408 (Brisbane) or +61 02 9283 3200 (Sydney).
This Brisbane based company is seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual with good communication skills to assist with their event coordination needs. The Host Organisation is an education and migration company who are constantly pushing boundaries in order to learn and evolve.
Tasks include, but not limited too:
- Events coordination
- Booking venues
- Coordinating participants
- Coordinating promotional material
- Updating Eventbrite
- Creating Facebook events
- Moving leads into Salesforce and Mailchimp
This Host Organisation is seeking a Pastry/Bakery student or recent graduate who is looking to develop their skills within a small team in Melbourne. The team at this Host Organisation is passionate and collaborative, which leads them to making the most creative and imaginative cakes.
The tasks will include, but not be limited too:
- Produce attractive designs and create cake decorations
- Apply icing, chocolate and other confectionary delights to cakes
- Write messages on cakes using icing
- Create cakes that are visually appealing as well as delicious
- Produce all occasion cakes – weddings, birthdays, deluxe, creative, “art cakes”
- Provide customer service and have an understanding of the customer needs/requirements
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to get into the Hospitality industry with a Human Resources role. This Host Organisation is a 5 star hotel located in the heart of Melbourne and is part of the global hospitality group.
Some tasks include:
- Be involved in various functions in Human Resources
- Work alongside various colleagues within the HR team and gain an overview and insight into each role within a busy HR Team
- Payroll – overviewing and assisting with some activities/data base
- Work cover processes – involvement in interviewing candidates/references checking process/induction of employees into the organisation
- Training and Development – assisting with some activities/data base processing/certificate issuing
- HR administrative duties – filing/assisting with compiling the daily communication newsletter for employees and updating communication notice boards around the Hotel
- Assisting the HR team with the Employee communication meeting that happens on a quarterly basis
This is a great opportunity for a marketing student or recent graduate, looking for a 3 month internship in Melbourne. The Host Organisation is looking for a motivated individual to join their team and help with various tasks within marketing. The company was founded in 2004 and recruits for medium to large multinational companies.
Tasks include but are not limited too:
- Communication – daily/weekly EDMs using Campaign Monitor for new product updates, industry news, events, blog posts
- Copy writing – blogs, EDMs social media and website
- Graphics – including creation, sourcing and design for EDM banners/advertising/marketing/website
- SEO – monitor and review SEO, develop content to improve placement
- Google AdWords – create, manage and review AdWords performance and make enhancements to increase performance
- Social Media – creation, promotion and management
- Reporting – monthly reporting on progress including success of EDMs, Google Analytics and Social Media
- Market Research – conduct research and prepare market research reports
- Website – content creation and management
Name: Muhammad Shamoon
Why did you choose to complete an Internship?
An internship is the best platform to polish skills and to understand the professional environment. It helps to visualize the career path and is the best way to explore various career options. Moreover, it offers the opportunity to attend events and meeting, which helps to built a good network and new connections and also helps to improve communication in a professional environment. By doing this internship my resume has a got another feather, which really helps to make my resume strong. Internships helps us to learn how to manage time in a fast paced professional environment. Lastly, internships are an recruitment tool, which will open the doors of the employment, and in many cases the company itself hire you.
What have you learned the most during your internship?
Well, in these 9 weeks I have learned many things which I really thought were very easy before joining the company as an intern. Time management is the most important thing which I have learned here by attending meetings and events and how to complete tasks within a specific time. Moreover, cost is the tool of measurement and it must analysed before starting any project. I have learned some strategies to maintain costs. Furthermore, the most essential thing which I have learned here is "NOT TO SAY NO", in simple words, whatever the task you have, never stop your mind by saying NO, just do it anyhow. Start visualising, thinking, planning, doing research and studying. You will definitely find a way to complete the task and so you will learn a new thing by your own hard work and dedication.
What benefits do you feel AI contributed to your internship and time in Australia?
I started my journey in Australia on January, 2015. I faced many hurdles and struggles to achieve the goals which I set whilst inhigh school. I lost many things in this journey but in the end I gained many things such as my Masters Degree in Management for Engineers from Central Queensland University and I got the chance to work with a World recognised company "Futuris Automotive". My aim was to do an internship when I started my masters program here in Australia and I am blessed that I achieved this.
Australian Internships played a significant role throughout this internship. My Supervisor helped me a lot with my resume and interview. She also built confidence in me to deal with an interviewer that how to represent myself or sell myself in front of the interviewer. Moreover, keeping an eye on me on a weekly basis was wonderful and it motivated me to complete my tasks in an efficient way and pushed me to look forward to another challenge.
What advice would you give future interns?
Well, everyone has an ability to think as we humans are the superior specie in this planet. I advise future interns not to get worried about money and not waste time by waiting for very good opportunity by sitting at home. Attitude is the most important tool to achieve your goal. If one has to be the best and touches the sky then make an attitude positive and unique. By doing an internship, you can be able to change your attitude and I am sure that it will clear your vision and gives you a beautiful picture, which helps you to shape your aim. "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value". (Albert Einstein)
What do you enjoy most about Australia?
I have enjoyed the lifestyle and the weather. 4 seasons in a day really changes the mood! I have enjoyed learning new cultural values and the smiling and positive attitude of Australian people. I loved experiencing an Australian Christmas with parties and decorations and I really like the attractive beaches.
Sabrina Forlin – Marketing Executive - Team Leader
I am originally from Switzerland; I obtained my marketing degree in 2010 and a year later I came to Australia to travel. I have also travelled extensively through Europe, America, Asia and I speak German, Italian, Spanish, French and English. I understand how difficult it can be to get a job as an international travelling in Australia and the barriers people often get confronted with.
How would you describe your work?
Being part of the marketing team makes my job very diverse and interesting. I deal with international students, educational providers and universities all over the world. My daily tasks vary and every day I communicate with different parts of the world.
What do you like the most about your work?
I am very passionate about the international education sector and I love dealing with young professionals and with people from different cultures. Being an international myself, I know how hard it can be to live in an other country. I love helping young professionals, guiding them through the process and supporting them with their initial questions.
Your message to the interns?
Often times in life we know where we want to be, but we are uncertain on how to get there. Internships provide valuable experience which bridges the theoretical studies you have completed with the practical and real-word environment you will find in a full-time professional role. Make the most of this wonderful experience in living in a foreign country.
Thank you for reading! We’d love to hear what you want to read in this newsletter, so feel free to give us some suggestions on what to include next time!